How did you spend the Carnival Sunday? I brought my daughter to the parade, but there was no way to dress her up. Se didn’t want the indian dress, I had to remove her nose painted by kitten and finally she wanted to remove the crown princesses ! ….. in short, she says that next year she’ll dress like a sword .. ahahahha, but that fairy and princess. Well she will be a little Joan of Arc!
Here is ready ready for Mardi Gras! a nice tray of baked and fried Crumpets!
The same preparation can go in the oven or fried as you prefer. Fried, however, are coveted!!!
Pancake of mardis gras fried or baked
- 250 g of flour type 00 + 50 g for the pastry
- 1 egg
- 50 g of sugar
- 30 g of butter
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of liqueur (for me Marsala)
- olive oil for frying
- icing sugar to taste
- Granulated sugar to taste
- Making the fountain with the flour sifted with baking powder already
- Add sugar, egg, butter in the center, liquor and milk.
- Mix and let stand for thirty minutes.
- Then take the machine for pasta and pull the dough up to No. 5. (or with a rolling pin)
- At this point, cut with washer rectangles and make a cut in the middle.
- Place half of the rectangles on a baking sheet and cook at 180 degrees for 10 minutes until they turn red a little bit.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For the other half, well heat the oil in a frying pan and fry a couple of minutes, dip in granulated sugar immediately.
For my family I made all fried!!! mmm…. Good mardis gras to all!