As I told you in my previous post, yesterday we ate in a way a little bit unusual! is already the second time that we do it with Romina and she gets mad because it’s a novelty.
We eat sitting on the cushions, as do the Indians hahaha, appliance does good for the table, our little table is also very low, so for this kind of thing is very comfortable, a nice candle in the center and that’s super!
Therefore, along with the magnificent carrot chips violets were also fantastic scones with herbs that have accompanied with mortadella, salami, and a nice glass of red wine! The best of life!
Here is the recipe for little flatbread with herbs:
- 150 g of semolina
- 150 g flour 00
- 150 ml of milk
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- half a packet of dry yeast
- extra virgin olive oil as needed for brushing
- enough herbs (rosemary, oregano, marjoram, sage)
- Combine the two flours and mix with a teaspoon of sugar and salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk
- Place the flour, pour in the center of the milk with the dissolved yeast, begin to knead and add the oil. Form a smooth and homogeneous mixture and let it rise for 3-4 - hours until doubled in volume.
- At this point, take the dough and your hands are wet with oil, apply like we do with the pizza.
- With the help of glass, cut circles in which we will have on the baking sheet.
- Lead to the second rising for at least 1 hour
- After that resume and pigiarle obtaining some nice humps.
- Chop the herbs, brush the surface with oil, add a few grains of coarse salt and bake at 200 ° C for 15 minutes.
This is the dose for about a dozen small flat bread
Notes: I used a yeast that is new to me but I’m not mad, in fact recommend brewer’s yeast or better p.m.
Since my husband loves me, when I add in the shopping list to buy the baking powder because I finished it, he obviously buy one for pizza, does nothing on the package if there is a mega focacciona almost bigger than the paper! So I have to use it!