Here is Carnival! Like every year it’s celebrated with pancakes or sweets, here I present the typical dessert that my grandmother made during Carnival, especially when there were so many people: The cicerchiata of Abruzzo. The Neapolitans Know this, for them it is called struffoli that they made on Christmas, while the Abruzzi calls cicerchiata, balls like chickpeas ( cicerchie ) assembled with honey.
I enjoyed it so much hat all the family help me, even my baby that funny making little balls , that’s a joy, every ball she was licking the whole hand … ahahahha that go well!
it’s nice because you can do various shapes, my grandmother often made donut and the recipe is easy because the grandmother’s recipes are all measured spoon, here cicerchiata of our family tradition:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g of flour type 00
- oil for frying
- 10-12 tablespoons of honey
- tails dolorate
- some almonds peeled
- In a large bowl , combine sugar, eggs and oil , add the flour and knead until it forms a smooth paste .
- Form as many balls as small chickpeas, also a tad bit less when you bake always swell a bit ' .
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the balls until golden turning occasionally, ( about 5 minutes )
- Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile heat the honey in a pan,it is formed just ' froth , put the little balls and cook 5 - 10minutes in honey ,they should caramelize and absorb the honey.
- At this point take the mold that has' decided to use and wet. Put the balls to give the desired shape and make them dry. Sprinkle with colored tails and peeled almonds. Allow to cool and enjoy it
Next time I will opt for it in cups colored portion, it is more convenient to serve and eat too.
Do not turn away from these screens tomorrow other pancakes!!! :):):)