Good Morning !!!!!
Today I propose a recipe different from the usual ones, and I flashed in mind one day that I did not know how to cook barley.
As a cereal that does very well and also replaces the flesh, it’s good to introduce it in the diet, as an alternative to the usual cheese or meat, Here the receipe :
- 150 g of pearl barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot
- 1 small tomato
- 2 tablespoons pesto (I made at home)
- 70 g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt to taste
- Soak in warm water barley (unless it is written on the package that it is not necessary)
- Rinse well and boil in salted water with a broken tomato, 1 carrot and a bay leaf.
- Cook about 30 minutes, until cooked, drain and remove the tomato carrot and bay leaf.
- Place in a bowl, drizzle with two tablespoons of pesto, combine the egg and bread crumbs.
- Shape into balls and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil, place the balls and cook in the oven at 200 g for 20 minutes, turning them over.
- They will be ready when it will be well flushed.
ps: These are are approximately for 10 meatballs, depending on the size you want to give.
I didn’t intentionally wanted to add grated cheese because there is already enough in pesto. Just breadcrumbs and will be tasty!
Good peaceful weekend to everybody!
I close my week here which was really heavy! byebye