As I told you, I wanted to post a lot of things for Easter, instead I find myself writing the recipes later.
This is the centerpiece of bread I made for Easter lunch, the peculiarity is that everything is made from durum wheat semolina. The flavor is delicious and the figure in the table is well made! here’s the recipe:
Centerpiece of semolina bread
- 100 g of flour type 00
- 400 g of semolina flour
- 12 g of yeast
- 25 ml of oil
- 250 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt and one of sugar
- Combine the salt and sugar to flour
- Dissolve the yeast in a little water
- Place the flour
- put the dissolved yeast in the center and the oil
- Begin to knead and add more water
- Knead to form homogeneous un'impasto
- Let rise 4-5 hours in warm, dry place (I do overnight)
- At this point, roll it, cut the ends to form a rectangle that will be cut into strips.
- Roll each strip and then take them all and rolling it on themselves to form a crown.
- With the cut ends form a ball and place it in the center.
- Let the loaf rise for another hour.
- Brush the surface with oil and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 200 ° C for the first 20 minutes and then for the other 10 lower at 180 °C
- Place a bowl of water in the oven
As you can see the method for making bread is always the same, only that sometimes exchange flour or change shape. After several tests, I believe that once you find a method that is simple the bread is always good!