Hello everybody! Have you celebrate Carnival?
We have, in spite bad weather that no stopped us.
Today I do not propose anything on the subject, but since I am in a yeast phase, I publish the recipe for a bread wonderful to taste.
Saffron bread recipe with yeast Licola:
- 150 g of licola
- 500 g of flour type 1
- 250 ml of water
- saffron to taste
- 1 little teaspoon of salt
- 1 little teaspoon of sugar
- olive oil
- sesame to taste
- Refresh the Licola the night before:
- Take 50 grams of Licola, add 50 g of flour and 50-60ml of water.
- Stir with whisk and let stand overnight.
- In the morning it'll be active, swollen and with bubbles.
- I weighted Licola refreshed and I have taken about 140g, with the rest, if it 's increased a lot, you can make muffins or chapati.
- At this point, switch to the preparation of bread.
- Combine the flour and add salt and sugar.
- Arrange baking powder in flour and add oil in the center.
- Begin to knead.
- Dissolve saffron in the water.
- Add water and knead the dough
- Make the folds to 4 (take the edges of the dough and pull them toward the center) reforming the ball.
- Turn the dough and let rise in a warm place.
- I kneaded at 8.00 a.m. in the morning and I did it rise up to 5.30 p.m.
- Give the desired shape.
- Brush the surface with oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Let rise another hour.
- Bake at 215 ° C the first 20 minutes and then another 20 minutes down to 180 ° C.
- Keep it in the oven always a bowl of water.
You can knead this bread also with barm, so you prepare the ball at 1.00 p.m. instead of preparing in the morning, because it lets less hour of rising.