Finally I did some of my spare inevitable jams in the pantry. I really like jam in the morning and since it is still the season of oranges and I had never done, I tried the experiment, and it failed. A delicious taste flavored jam and accentuated by the peel.
To this I must again thank Paola, a cousin of my husband, now you know!
In fact, I asked her in the first place, in the web there were various ways of doing it. She is the only one in the family who prepares jams.
So I followed directions, removing the peel and holding it by hand, being careful to remove all the existing white part that otherwise would give a bitter taste.
Here is the orange marmalade:
- 1.2 kg of oranges absolutely natural and of excellent quality (whole weight of the orange)
- 500 g of sugar
- Juice of one orange
- 1 glass of water
- Carefully wash the oranges, peel with a vegetable peeler and set aside the zest
- Cut across the white part with a knife to remove the peel and also the inner strands that are removed.
- Cut the flesh into small pieces and place in a saucepan with the zest, the juice of an orange and a glass of water.
- Bring to a boil and after 5 minutes add the sugar.
- Stir often and cook the jam almost 2 ore.Put it in sterilized jars, seal very well and boil for 5 minutes.
- Let them cool in the water boiling.
To make it I used my usual method, which does not separate myself, since I have never had problems.
I’m interested also to other preparations of orange marmalade, I think next year I’ll try an other method!