Today a nice apple pie, thanks to my husband that took home a truckload of apples from Valtellina.
It was the first recipe of my cake, I made a small change by adding the buckwheat flour alternating with that kamut and I put a lot of apples.
Lately I use different flour in my recipes and I must say that I feel better.
The flavor is a bit special, at least for me, the rest of the family loved it.
The mix of these flours with apples and cinnamon have made a different kind of cake, taste very natural and light , brcause there’s no butter.
Apple pie with buckwheat and cinnamon
- 100 g of flour kamut (If you want use flour 00)
- 100 g of buckwheat flour
- 800 g apples (weight of apples already peeled)
- 110 g of cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml of fresh milk
- 1 packet of baking powder
- Combine the flours and stir in the yeast
- Beat well the egg with sugar until the mixture is very creamy
- Begin adding the flour alternately with the milk until a soft dough.
- At this point, add the apples previously peeled and finely slice.
- Set aside a little apple to decorate.
- Coat a baking pan with parchment paper, put the mixture.
- Distribute a part of the apples evenly on sunburst on the surface.
- Sprinkle with plenty of sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 45 min. ... do the test stick to make sure it is cooked