Always on the wave of alternative flours.
I havn’t understood if kamut and spelled are suitable for those who are intolerant to wheat.
The fact is that when I eliminated refined flours, grains, bran and everything that covers grain, primarily using kamut spelled and other flours, I’m much better, here the recipe:
Apple pie and raisins with spelled flour
Ricetta: First Course
- 250 g spelled flour
- 100 g of cane sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 3 eggs
- 125 g of butter
- 4 apples
- 150 g raisins
- 2-3 type puff biscuits or macaroons
- 250 ml of milk
- Melt butter
- Beat eggs with sugar until it forms a compound firmly attached
- You added butter
- Combine flour, milk, apples into thin slices and raisins previously floured.
- Finally add the baking powder and mix well until mixture is smooth.
- Crumble the puff pastry on the top of the cake.
- Bake at 180 ° for 35 minutes
Today a nice apple pie, thanks to my husband that took home a truckload of apples from Valtellina.
It was the first recipe of my cake, I made a small change by adding the buckwheat flour alternating with that kamut and I put a lot of apples.
Lately I use different flour in my recipes and I must say that I feel better.
The flavor is a bit special, at least for me, the rest of the family loved it.
The mix of these flours with apples and cinnamon have made a different kind of cake, taste very natural and light , brcause there’s no butter.
Apple pie with buckwheat and cinnamon
- 100 g of flour kamut (If you want use flour 00)
- 100 g of buckwheat flour
- 800 g apples (weight of apples already peeled)
- 110 g of cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml of fresh milk
- 1 packet of baking powder
- Combine the flours and stir in the yeast
- Beat well the egg with sugar until the mixture is very creamy
- Begin adding the flour alternately with the milk until a soft dough.
- At this point, add the apples previously peeled and finely slice.
- Set aside a little apple to decorate.
- Coat a baking pan with parchment paper, put the mixture.
- Distribute a part of the apples evenly on sunburst on the surface.
- Sprinkle with plenty of sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 45 min. ... do the test stick to make sure it is cooked
Dear friends, good Monday!
Have you spent a good weekend? Have you celebrated Women’s Day?
To start the week a nice dessert, I recommend this cake!
A great combination, apples and hazelnuts, Here the recipe, Cake full of apples and hazelnuts:
Cake full of apples and hazelnuts
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 3 apples
- 125 g of sugar
- 110 g hazelnuts
- 150 g of butter
- 1 package yeast
- 200 ml of fresh milk
- Beat the eggs with 100 g of sugar.
- In a separate bowl soften the butter and whisk with the other 25 g of sugar to form a paste.
- Combine the butter cream with the eggs with the sugar and beat the mixture with an electric mixer.
- After that, add the sifted flour with baking powder previously.
- Mix well, add milk, hazelnuts, toasted and finely ground and mount one last time with whips.
- Line a cake from about 24 cm in diameter, put in the mixture.
- Now cut the apples into slices and put them in long thin rays in the cake.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 40-45 minutes.
- Do the test stick for cooking
Note: You can also use the flour type 00, in this case, the cooking will be less long, always do the test stick.
Good week !!!