Yes!! and let’s say it again … hahaha … I succumbed again! I followed the “food fashion” and I’m also with the water Potato dumplings that I revel in the web! Well, I was intrigued and I must say that the family were very happy with the result, they are soft and keep the mixture well and they are also lighter.
Here I opted for a very simple sauce with vegetables for replacing the classic tomato sauce (which I do not dislike it ..?)
They are also fast, because I am determined to get them just before lunch, here’s how:
- 350 g of flour type 00
- 350 ml of water
- a pinch of salt
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 200 g of tomato pulp
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 shallot
- salt to taste
- Boil the water, when it boils add salt and toss the flour.
- When the dough comes off the pot overthrow on a work surface and quickly form a homogeneous ball that then we cool.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan lightly fry the garlic and shallots, add the vegetables cut into pieces and add tomato pulp.
- Season with salt and add the basil.
- Cook the sauce for about half an hour until it shrinks.
- At this point, take the dough, form strands of a cm wide and form drumplings
- Cook them in salted water, when they come to the surface, drain and toss with a wooden spoon with the sauce of vegetables or to your liking.
I think you will see them with other sauces, because there just liked us.
Today it is still a rainy day here and I’m giving it to the kitchen!