An idea or an alternative to regular potato dumplings? kamut flour dumplings! You have to try
- 800 g of potatoes in white paste
- 400 g kamut flour approx
- one teaspoon fine salt
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 2-3 Sage leaves
- Marjoram to taste
- butter as needed
- Cook the potatoes for about 20-30 minutes over medium heat. Attention to ensure that you do not split or you make with water and it will be difficult to get drumplings.
- Drain and peel potatoes, put them in the potato masher while still warm, season with 1 teaspoon salt and add the flour.
- The amount of flour is relative because it depends on how potatoes take
- Knead until you have a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Form cylinders and cut into chunks that form the dumplings
- Boil water with little oil, season with salt and toss drumplings
- When they afloat are ready
- In a saucepan melt butter with herbs and put on drumplings
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
A trick is to freeze them: they are posted on a floured tray and store in freezer covered with plastic wrap and leave it for 4-5 hours.
If you want to use right away it will be easier to immerse in boiling water because it will retain their shape, or else you can put in a bag and store them in the freezer for a next use!
Today is a beautiful rainy day than like me! We have just returned from a dinner together to celebrate the wedding anniversary of the in-laws.