An idea or an alternative to regular potato dumplings? kamut flour dumplings! You have to try
Small potato dumplings with kamut flour
Small potato dumplings with kamut flour, They are delicious and lighter gnocchi made with traditional flour kamut flour because it is very digestible.
Ricetta: First course
- 800 g of potatoes in white paste
- 400 g kamut flour approx
- one teaspoon fine salt
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 2-3 Sage leaves
- Marjoram to taste
- butter as needed
- Cook the potatoes for about 20-30 minutes over medium heat. Attention to ensure that you do not split or you make with water and it will be difficult to get drumplings.
- Drain and peel potatoes, put them in the potato masher while still warm, season with 1 teaspoon salt and add the flour.
- The amount of flour is relative because it depends on how potatoes take
- Knead until you have a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Form cylinders and cut into chunks that form the dumplings
- Boil water with little oil, season with salt and toss drumplings
- When they afloat are ready
- In a saucepan melt butter with herbs and put on drumplings
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
They are delicious and lighter gnocchi made with traditional flour kamut flour because it is very digestible.
A trick is to freeze them: they are posted on a floured tray and store in freezer covered with plastic wrap and leave it for 4-5 hours.
If you want to use right away it will be easier to immerse in boiling water because it will retain their shape, or else you can put in a bag and store them in the freezer for a next use!
Today is a beautiful rainy day than like me! We have just returned from a dinner together to celebrate the wedding anniversary of the in-laws.