Today’s recipe is also a dish of memories, but not in the south this time, belong to the culinary tradition of Bergamo grandmother and aunt.
More precisely Andreina’s aunt, the sister of my grandmother. A frail but fearless woman, who made the first and the second world war! You do! I remember her stories, during the war she was ill with typhoid fever, she was given the last rites, but she is resurrected with that, she died at the ripe old age of 93 years!
She told me of the planes, the bombing, the Germans, everything always close to the mythical stove where she had always supported a pan that often contained her bread soup.
You have to know that she was a skinny little woman, baby,she was not married and she suffered a bit of solitude, ultimately we felt a little, then I screamed … ahhahha
She always ate little and ultimately toothless even more, so a pan of the bread soup lasted few days. When my grandmother went to Milan on “holiday” I was at lunch with her and I remember her buttered carrots and the legendary Soup Baked Bread.
- 200 g of bread
- vegetable broth as needed
- 3-4 tablespoons of tomato
- 1 bay leaf and sage
- salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot
- grated cheese
- Sauté with a little olive oil shallots
- Add the bread previously chopped into small pieces
- Cover with vegetable broth
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, sage, a little oil and cook for about twenty minutes, until the bread has softened well.
- If you wish, you can whip it a bit, I did it for the child.
I say goodbye and good week!