Hello everybody! How did you spend the weekend? We, as the rainy weather, sprawled on the couch! Today’s Receipe has been made on Easter Day! In fact it is a first impressive and elegant, also quicker to do. We cook at the time. I got this idea from the blog “un pizzico di noce moscata” Valeria Fina, a very young girl, whitch has many resources! Then I adapted a little ‘me and the only thing that I did not put are the pine nuts. Here is the recipe:
Good week to all!
rice with basil cream and burrata
Ricetta: First Course
- 320 g of rice Canaroli
- thirty basil leaves
- Oil as required
- salt to taste
- 50 g of cheese
- white wine to taste
- Vegetable broth as needed
- 20 g of butter
- 1 shallot
- Wash the basil leaves, put them in a blender (or better) crush them with a little salt oil and pecorino cheese until creamy.
- Meanwhile, fry in a little oil to the shallot slices made previously.
- Add the rice and toast it, then deglaze with the white wine and cook from time to time by combining the broth for 18 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, add the basil cream, stir in butter and cheese.
- Serve with a central burrata made into small pieces
Today’s recipe is also a dish of memories, but not in the south this time, belong to the culinary tradition of Bergamo grandmother and aunt.
More precisely Andreina’s aunt, the sister of my grandmother. A frail but fearless woman, who made the first and the second world war! You do! I remember her stories, during the war she was ill with typhoid fever, she was given the last rites, but she is resurrected with that, she died at the ripe old age of 93 years!
She told me of the planes, the bombing, the Germans, everything always close to the mythical stove where she had always supported a pan that often contained her bread soup.
You have to know that she was a skinny little woman, baby,she was not married and she suffered a bit of solitude, ultimately we felt a little, then I screamed … ahhahha
She always ate little and ultimately toothless even more, so a pan of the bread soup lasted few days. When my grandmother went to Milan on “holiday” I was at lunch with her and I remember her buttered carrots and the legendary Soup Baked Bread.
Soup Baked Bread
Ricetta: First course
- 200 g of bread
- vegetable broth as needed
- 3-4 tablespoons of tomato
- 1 bay leaf and sage
- salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot
- grated cheese
- Sauté with a little olive oil shallots
- Add the bread previously chopped into small pieces
- Cover with vegetable broth
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, sage, a little oil and cook for about twenty minutes, until the bread has softened well.
- If you wish, you can whip it a bit, I did it for the child.
This is a family recipe, or at least as my aunt and my mom ddi. There is also the version without tomato, with the addition of milk and somene eventually bring the eggs.
I say goodbye and good week!