This recipe is the recipe of my heart, recalls lovelymemories.
These are “tarallucci of Abruzzo” or in slang “gaggenette” have the scent of the Mediterranean that I will not never forget and that I really love. I remember when my grandmother, knowing my arrival for the summer holidays, bought a whole tray …. eh! Yes! my favorite desserts! I remember in the morning when I wake up, the scent of coffee go up the stairs and I immediately slipped the costume just went down to the kitchen and here there waiting for the mythical orange thermos full of coffee ‘hot and sweet … so cilliprini’ I call them, cilliprini … (“celli stuffed” the jargon even so ‘) ..
I do not say the difficulty to find the grape jam, in the end I did it!
Celli stuffed a traditional dessert from Italian region Abruzzo
- 1 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine
- 450g. about of flour 00 ( the flour is put in theory that takes the dough , and these are Grandma's recipes ... they are to be taken so ' )
- 250 g . jam grape juice ( " scrucchiate " in Abrruzzo slang )
- 150 g . chopped almonds
- 20 g . dark chocolate
- a pinch of cinnamon
- powdered sugar as much as necessity
- Put the wine into a bowl and mix the oil and add the flour like rain, the one you need, until it forms a smooth ball and homogeneous, not knead too much, you do not need and let it rest
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: Toast the almonds have been chopped, mix together the legendary grape jam ( my aunts when they go down in Abruzzo I procure always a bit here and not equal .. but' that of CASA GIULIA and ' good ). Then add the chopped chocolate and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough too thin and not forming discs around 6 - 7cm in diameter -
- Fill them with a spoonful of filling and forming close torcetti .. ( see photo)
- Bake in the oven for 15 min. at 180 ° C, just begin to color immediately remove the dough should remain rather white .
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste with sugar or regular white ... I like more with icing sugar ... fantastic freshly baked with a nice coffe