Finally a second course! Gurnard with saffron potatoes.
Well, I must say that it’s the first time I try this and we loved it!
- 600 g fillets of gurnard
- 1 shallot
- cherry tomatoes
- white wine q.s.
- 6-7 red skin potatoes
- 1 sachet of saffron
- extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- marjoram to taste
- parsley to taste
- thyme to taste
- Peel and slice potatoes, cook them in a pan with a little oil, sprinkle with salt, marjoram, thyme and parsley.
- Dissolve saffron in a cup of water and put over potatoes.
- Cook for about twenty minutes, adding a little of water if the potatoes dry.
- A tip it's to put water to add more in the cup which was dissolved saffron, so not to lose the scent and color.
- At this point, rinse, remove the skin, the bones in the gurnard fillets and season with salt.
- Wash and cut tomatoes.
- In a saute pan with a little 'oil previously sliced shallots, add the fillets of gurnard and tomatoes, sprinkle with white and cook the fish for about 10 minutes.
- Add a little sauce of potatoes to give even the fish smell of saffron.
- Serve the fish on potatoes.
Good spring to everybody!!!!