Here they are again … then for a while ‘ I say enough , too many are bad !
This time I took an old recipe that my husband had put on the official website of donnaecasa.it, arranging it a little: Friedcakes with chocolate drops
Friedcakes with chocolate drops
Fried cakes with chocolate drops, a special dessert for carnival
- 300 g of flour type 00
- 150 ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of sugar
- 50 g of butter
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 100 g of chocolate drops
- oil for frying as much as necessary
- half a bag of baking powder
- Heat the oil and bring it to temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and sugar, add the eggs, the melted butter, a tablespoon of rum and grated rind of 1 lemon.
- Then add the milk and mix until it forms a sticky dough.
- Joining finally the chocolate drops
- When the oil has come to temperature, take spoonfuls of the mixture and soak them in oil. In a short time will swell.
- Turn them when they are beautiful and colorful remove and drain on paper towels.
- Dip in granulated sugar while still hot.
Have a good week!