Here is a dish typical of Sunday, who has never enjoyed a nice lunch with polenta and braised with its own family, especially with a nice glass of wine ?!
This time I want to be a “modern” and so I haven’t made polenta, cause the temperature, but I assure you that lot of good bread, braised is wonderful !!!
The wine used for cooking it ‘s a simple red wine, but the top is barolo.
Recipe for braised beef:
braised beef fragrant and soft
- 700g of lean beef (priest's hat)
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery
- 1 onion
- 1 small potato
- cloves q.s.
- 2 glasses of red wine
- 150 ml of tomato sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- vegetable broth if necessary
- salt q.s.
- herbs (bay leaves, sage)
- Marinate a some hours before the lean beef with wine, celery, carrot, bay leaf, sage and cloves.
- Then begin to prepare it.
- In a large pot, fry the finely chopped onion, carrot and celery.
- Meanwhile with string tie a little meat to make sure that it will not come apart.
- Add the meat to the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes turning it over.
- Salt a little.
- At this point, add the past and after five minutes the wine marinade, carrot pieces celery and potato.
- Close the lid and cook over low heat for 2 hours 30 minutes, turning it over.
- If necessary add a little 'vegetable broth.
- The sauce it will wipe 'a little'.
- Cool down the meat
- Now whisk the sauce, untie the meat and slice it.
- Put in pan and let the sauce to flavor the meat for about 30 minutes
- Serve warm, if possible with polenta.
Enjoy your week! byebye