Ciaooo! How are you getting? Here it’s always raining … uff!
Talking about food, today I cooked a receipe of my mom’s family: The omelette with turnip greens.
My grandmother, in Abruzzo, often made this and It was often cooked by my aunts now. My grandmother had lots of peaks that grew in the garden. I remember my aunt told me that she always put it in the middle of the sandwich and eat at lunch in the factory, when she still lived in Torino di Sangro, the birthplace of my mother.
A simple omelette, full of flavor and memories:
Omelet with turnip tops
Omelet with turnip tops recipe from family tradition. Handed down from mother Abruzzo
Ricetta: Second Course
- 5 eggs
- 1 bunch of turnip tops
- 60 g of grated cheese
- parsley as much as necessary
- salt as much as necessary
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Wash the tops and remove the outer leaves.
- Cut them into pieces.
- In a pan fry with a little oil a clove of garlic
- Combine the tops, a little salt and cook for a half hour, adding water if necessary.
- Beat the eggs with the cheese, parsley and a pinch of salt, pour the mixture over the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, then flip it over and cook another 5
- minutes on the other side.
Well … how my aunt did, I put it a slice a sandwich in the sandwitch.