This is my basic receipe to make “pan di spagna” that is the base for many sweets’ preparations!
Here the receipe:
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 180 g of sugar
- 180 g of flour type 00
- 1 packet of yeast
- Beat the eggs with 180 g of sugar for about 20 minutes with an electric mixer until the mixture is well mounted and beautiful swollen.
- At this point, add the yeast to the flour and sift it.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and sugar, stirring with a spatula from the bottom up, taking care not to remove the compound.
- Put into a greased and floured baking pan, puting the mixture in the center.
- Bake at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes.
- To see if cooked do the toothpick test.