Hello! how are you? …
Today I propose a succulent receipe of Trentino: Canederli with spinach .
Today’s version is spinach, but don’ let these screens because soon there will be bacon, the most classic.
The canederli are dumplings of bread, if you can call it typical of the Trentino alto Adige, which are cooked in the broth and then can be served with the soup itself, or with melted cheese, as in this case, or rather with melted butter, my favorites.
Both versions of the recipe was given to me by a friend who cooks them often and that a long long time ago kindly invited us to eat with her, and she “kindly” gave us the recipe:
Canederli with spinach
Canederli with spinach, a typical dish of the region Trentino alto Adige topped with cream cheese
Ricetta: First Course
- a couple of generous handfuls of spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt to taste
- 100 g of bread
- milk as needed
- 1 egg
- 30 g of grated cheese
- 4-5 tablespoons of flour + flour q.b. to pass the meatballs
- beef broth as needed
- Blanch the spinach in salted water, drain and sauté about 7 minutes with a clove of garlic.
- Finally chop finely (or put in the blender)
- Soak the bread in warm milk and whip.
- Combine the bread, spinach, fomaggio, egg and flour.
- Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Shape into balls and roll in flour.
- Boil the broth previously prepared and the entire lower the flame.
- Cook the dumplings and keep the fire very low, so as to prevent it spacchino in cooking.
- When they float they are ready.
- Drain with a slotted spoon and place in serving dish.
- Season to taste, or with melted cheese or with melted butter and sage.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.