In summer there’s more place for salads.
Also leads you to make healthy recipes, because the cereal, as you know, are a great substitute of meat.
This recipe came from a tip, cold barley to the smell of the sea.
There was talk of cold salads, or summer in short and advised me this delicacies:
- 250 g Pearl barley
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- a dozen shrimp
- enough black olives
- 125 g jar of pesto genovese
- 200 g squid
- salt to taste
- evo oil as required
- Soak the barley any hour (on some bottles there is written that does not require soaking, but an hour never hurts)
- Let it cook in salted water for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile Cook in salty water also squids and prawns for about twenty minutes.
- Cut olives and cherry tomatoes, put them in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with a little oil.
- Drain the barley and add to the tomatoes and season with pesto.
- Add the squid and shrimp. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Serve nice cool with a drizzle of raw oil.
- Stir from time to time because barley dry and tends to stick a little.