Here is again beets! I don’t use it yet for the reason that I set for myself but for an experiment I’d say well done. Let’s say if you want to do something different, venture a little ‘for Easter dessert, as long as your guests will not disdain the beet, here’s a dessert recipe that we liked especially combined with the ice cream because it takes a little ‘flavor of the vegetable which still exists, even if well-calibrated with cream and sugar.
Voila, Panna cotta with beetroot:
- 250 ml of fresh cream
- 150g beetroot
- 8 g of gelatin (I used sheets of gelatin)
- Approximately 100 ml of milk
- 110 dl of icing sugar
- Soak for ten minutes the sheets of gelatin in cold water.
- Cut the beetroot into small pieces and blend it with 250 ml of cream
- Combine 100 ml of milk about pretty much until you get to a level of 500 ml of liquid.
- Put everything in a saucepan and heat, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat, add the gelatin and dissolve, stirring vigorously.
- When it is done, put into molds suitable
- Keep in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!
Doses given are for 6 small ramekins, or if you want to put in the glasses as they are 4, in practice the amount of servings depends a bit ‘on the size of the molds.
Good Sunday to everybody!