This is a yummy way to cook some leftovers of polenta
here the receipe :
Polenta and mushrooms
Polenta and mushrooms, a delicious polenta recycling
Ricetta: Second Course
- 400 g of already cooked polenta
For the mushrooms:
- 30 g of dried mushrooms mixed or porcini
- white wine to taste
- vegetable broth to taste
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
For the sauce:
- 20 g of butter
- 20 g of flour type 00
- 200 g of milk
- 20 g of grated cheese
- flakes of mountain cheese
Cook the mushrooms:
- Chop the shallots and brown with a clove of garlic and a little oil.
- Add the mushrooms previously soaked a couple of hours.
- add salt, sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes blending with white wine and vegetable stock.
Prepare the sauce:
- Melt the butter over low heat, combine the flour and mix.
- Add milk and continue stirring with a whisk until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken.
- Turn off, add the cheese, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix the mushrooms with the sauce, not too much, leave a little lumpy mixture, so that they feel the mushrooms in your teeth.
- Spread the polenta on a baking paper with moistened hands of oil.
- Spread the cream on the surface and roll up.
- Let the mixture cool in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Remove it and slice it.
- Pass each slice in breadcrumbs.
- Butter the baking dish, arrange the slices of the roll, sprinkle branzi flakes and cook in the oven grill for about 20-30 minutes.