Hola! For today’s post I was inspired by the recipe which is located behind the pack of the food.
Some time ago I cooked spelt and I had half a pack to finish. Turning round and round, I realize that behind the pack there was a fantastic proposal for how to cook it! Good! I have reviewed all according to my taste and here it is a wonderful and healthy receipe, Spelt with aromatic herbs with chicory:
Spelt with aromatic herbs on a bed of chicory
Spelt with aromatic herbs on a bed of chicory, first healthy and tasty
Ricetta: First Course
- 250 g of spelt
- 1 carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- parsley to taste
- herbs (thyme, marjoram, sage grass)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 bunch chicory
- 1 onion
- salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and slice the chicory.
- In a skillet, brown the sliced onion and add the chicory previously.
- Season with salt and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, covering it with the lid, turning occasionally and adding a bit 'of water if necessary.
- Cook the spelt in boiling salted water for 40 minutes (mine did not require soaking)
- Combine the cooking water a carrot cut in half, passata, bay leaf, rosemary and a drizzle of oil.
- At the end of cooking cool water in its spelled, drain and season with olive oil, chopped herbs, parsley and a sprinkling of parsley.
- Accompany it with the chicory